everything will be ok in the end

Friday, November 03, 2006

my lie revealed...

Well, I know I've kept you under suspense, but I will now reveal my lie.

There were some pretty varied guesses and I'm quite surprised that no one guessed #1 - it is completely true, but was so unbelievable to me while it was happening, that if I hadn't been there, I would never have believed it myself.

#2 is also completely true, 'the boy' and I met at the beginning of 10th grade, when we were 15, and have been dating ever since.

#3 - completely true, it was almost a once a week occurance, our jobs were so awful, it was the only way we could make it through!

#4 - also true, when I was in high school, my best friend at the time was a smoker, and she told me that she tried smoking and didn't like it, but also couldn't stop. I knew I didn't want to be a 'smoker', so I was too afraid to ever try it in case the same thing happened to me, and to this day, I have never tried it.

#5 - this is the lie - congratulations Karina, you're the only one to guess the right answer! It is partly true, I was a lifeguard and swimming instructor, however, I don't know how to scuba dive, and although there are national competitions held to showcase those skills, I have never attended them.

6 Comments:

  • That was my next guess.

    ;-)

    By Blogger Princess in Galoshes, at 4:51 PM  

  • Very convincing. Good job.
    And way to go, Karina.

    By Blogger jagular, at 5:04 PM  

  • Damn Katie of course nobody guessed #1..you can't make that shit up! I thought about #5, but here in Florida all of those go hand and hand, I figured it might be plausible.

    By Blogger TTQ, at 9:10 PM  

  • Never would have guessed it! I used to have a job that required margaritas at lunch, too; strangely enough, it helped our creative juices in coming up with marketing campaigns. But the guys we worked for were bad enough that drinking took the edge off putting up with them!

    By Blogger Save Sheila, at 10:17 PM  

  • Wow...so interesting. Very cool!

    By Blogger LeighAnn, at 6:08 AM  

  • i wish i had been here in time to guess. But i've heard of the ass hairspray trick. Never tried it myself though. Next time i'm in a swimsuit competition i'll do it.

    Ha ha.

    By Blogger meno, at 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home